LEANDRO AGRO’ | firstname.lastname@example.org
Design Executive, IxD/UX expert (+20y), IoT pioneer, book author and patents contributor.
Magazines, newspapers and TV shows including: WIRED, Mashable, Reuters, New York Times, CNN, Creative Communication, Glamour, IlSole24Ore, Corriere della Sera, Repubblica, Espresso, Domus, RAI, SKY TG24, RAI TV…
Committed to design thinking & innovation, Leandro served many relevant brands, including ABB, PepsiCo, 3M, Unicef, BT, Orange, H3G, Unicredit, CartaSI, Jansenn and many other. Early mobile UX designer, Leandro lead the team that designed the very first 3G mobile ever. While in the role of UX Principal @Razorfish Healthware, he lead the UX Team that realised dozen of professional Apps and health dedicated platforms.
Leandro run service and UX design workshops in various countries including US, Iceland, Italy, Swiss, Malaysia.
Leandro was involved in mobile since the very early days. He was part of the Altoprofilo team that worked for Orange Imagineering in Boston (OI people later started AndroidOS); In the 3G era, he lead the team that crafted the world first commercial UI for smartphones (Andala H3G). Later he was part of many mobile App design, with a focus on professional eHealth App and high-engaging sport entertainment App (TOK.tv: 25+ MM downloads, 2,5+ MAU)
Leandro has focused his attention to the crossroads between physical and digital since 2008. It is a 3 year R&D journey that includes Massive Data Collection, Hardware Behavior Design, parallel computing. Since 2015 Leandro is applying service design methodologies to the Industry 4.0. Those activities includes business cases where Fog Computing and Augmented reality have a key role.
Patent / Technology Contributor
Leandro contributed to design and patent Virtual Assistants Technologies, medical devices and assistive devices based on eye-tracking technologies –while- other patents contribution are related to “Image processing techniques for small videos and real time data compression” and “Synchronised photo software between mobile devices”.
Speaker in +80 events and conferences, including: IxDA (2016) TED MED LIVE (2012), TEDx (2011), UXCON (Lugano 2009, 2011), World Usability Day (Milan, 2009), Birds of a Feather at ETech (2008), World Business Forum (Milan, 2007), BayCHI (2007), as well as participation as keynoter in corporate events for Warner Bros, Generali, Symantech, SAS, etc.
As author, Leandro was born as blogger and published more than 200 articles. Later contributed to a few books including.
– Content Management, Ed. Apogeo (2002) – Buy it on Amazon
– INDEX: Interaction Design Experience, Ed. Franco Angeli (2007)
– Link. Idee per la televisione, Ed. RTI (2007) – Buy it on Amazon
– WeEconomy, Ed. Baldini Castoldi Dalai (2011) – Buy it on Amazon
– Stazione Futuro Qui si rifa’ l’Italia, Ed. Com. Italia 150 (2011) – Buy it on Amazon
– Reflections from the Future / Biennale of Venice, Skira (2014) – Buy it on Amazon
– Digital Media and HCI, Ed. Aracne (2015) – Buy it on Amazon
– Digital Entrepreneur, Ed. Franco Angeli (2016) – Buy it on Amazon
Leandro first solo book: “Internet of Humans” was published in 2017 for Egea Publishing.
The book is published in collaboration with Bocconi University and Talent Garden Innovation School. As author, Leandro is now under contract for a new solo book (IoT Designer) with FrancoAngeli, an Italian publisher focused on business publications.
– BUY IT ON AMAZON
co-Founders of Frontiers of Interaction Conference. Frontiers hosted some bright minds like: Stewart Brand, David Crane, Bruce, Richard Saul Wurman and +200 others.
Leandro was invited as visiting Professor in various Institutions, including: California College of Art (San Francisco), Siena University, Domus Academy (Milan), MIU Master (Milan), NABA (Milan), etc. Today, Leandro is the scientific coordinator of the UX MASTER organised by TAG (European largest network of co-working spaces).
– 2016: ADI INDEX (Trillio)
– 2012: Web Award – Health Care Standard of Excellence
– 2012: Web Award – Social Network Standard of Excellence
– 2012: ADI INDEX (Videum)
– 2010: Venice Biennale of Architecture: “2050 Visionary”
– 2010: TechGarage Clean & Green Award
– 2010: ADI INDEX (WideNoise)
– 2009: New York Times: Top10 Internet of Things Products
– 2009: WIRED: Nominated ItAliens, 12 best Italian innovators
– 1997: Apple Design Project (@Domus Academy Student Competition)
– https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeander/3470894034 / Wired
– https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeander/3470078613 / Wired
– https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeander/3470079129/ / Wired
– https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeander/3592148984 / Wired
– https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeander/16129488608 / shot from my daughter when she was 8th
– https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeander/21242856936 / Malaysia
– https://www.flickr.com/photos/leeander/21242856516 / DGI life
“Design isn’t just about shapes or pixels anymore. Design is the process that shapes product behaviours, communities, companies and -in the end- builds new worlds.”